The goals of the CCAL Mentorship Program are to assist new lawyers in developing skills unique to the practice of community association law, to provide a networking opportunity for new lawyers to the profession and/or the community association industry, and to guide industry lawyers in working toward and completing their CCAL application.
The Benefits of Effective Mentoring:
• Increase the pool of new lawyers to the community association industry.
• Boost morale.
• Assist in attracting talent to the College.
• Enhance work and career satisfaction.
• Provides a sounding board for workplace and/or career frustrations.
• Promote visibility and recognition.
• Increase networking and career development.
• Provide the opportunity for mutual learning and exchange of ideas.
Mentors and new lawyers should work together to create a plan that reflects the new lawyer's goals and interests while exposing the new lawyer to the community association law practice. Our goal is to expand relationships. To that end, we will pair mentors with mentees from different geographical locations. Also, more senior CCAL Fellows will be paired with those close to completing their CCAL application. And of course, we will make every effort to accommodate any specific pairing requests.
It is our hope that this program will be a vehicle through which the benefits and enjoyment of a community association law practice can be experienced while increasing the pool of outstanding i ndustry lawyers joining the College and making meaningful contributions for years to come.