Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Reserve Specialist (RS)

​Are you seeking to expand your clientele and enhance your career? Community associations rely on qualified reserve specialists to assist them in extensive reserve planning to keep their communities running smoothly. Gain the confidence of board members by obtaining the Reserve Specialist® (RS®) designation.

The RS designation is awarded to qualified reserve specialists who, through years of specialized experience, can help ensure that community associations prepare their reserve budget as accurately as possible.

 How do you earn the RS designation?

  • Prepare at least 30 reserve studies within the past three full calendar years.
  • Hold a bachelors degree in construction management, architecture, or engineering (or equivalent experience and education).
  • Comply with strict rules of conduct outlined by the Professional Reserve Specialist Code of Ethics.
  • Pay the application fee.
    • Member: $320 (Business Partner Membership)
    • Nonmember: $59​0

How do you maintain the RS designation?

  • Pay annual maintenance fees (due August 1st of each year).
    • Member: $130 (Business Partner Membership)
    • Nonmember: $365
  • Redesignate every three years on August 1st by submitting the redesignation application and required client listing.

Please view the Redesignation FAQs for more information.


​Useful Links


CAI credential and accreditation programs are trademarks of CAI. Misuse of CAI trademarks, credentials or other copyrighted materials without proper authorization is a violation of CAI policy and federal law.