Please view the
Redesignation FAQs for more information related to your credential's redesignation requirements.
1. How much is my credential's annual maintenance fee? Your annual maintenance fee is based on your membership status. Please ensure you have the correct membership type by April 1st of each year or you may be charged the non-member rate on your invoice.
*If you are an active PCAM and you hold an AMS, you will not be charged the AMS annual maintenance fee.
2. How do I obtain a paper copy of my invoice?You may print a copy of your invoice by logging into your account and clicking "View" under the "Invoice" column of My Designations or contact Customer Service at 1-888-224-4321.
3. When do I need to redesignate?View your redesignation date under the
My Designations section of your account or contact Customer Service at 1-888-224-4321.
4. Can I include my redesignation paperwork with my invoice?NO. If you mail redesignation paperwork with your invoice we will not receive it and you will not receive credit for your redesignation.
Mail your invoice and payment to: CAI, PO Box 34793, Alexandria, VA 22334-0793
Mail your redesignation paperwork and supporting documentation to: Community Associations Institute, Designations, Specialist, 6402 Arlington Blvd Ste 500, Falls Church, VA 22042
Please note: If you are an AMS or PCAM, after logging into the My Designations section of the website, if you are due for redesignation this year, under the Manage column will be a link stating Redesignate. You must complete your redesignation online prior to paying your invoice if you wish to pay online. Simply click on the Redesignate link to complete the redesignation process and make your payment. Neither your redesignation nor your annual maintenance fee will be accepted unless you complete both online at the same time. Please do not complete the redesignation process and close the browser before paying, as your redesignation will not be accepted.
5. What happens if I do not pay by August 1? Payments after August 1 will incur a $50 late fee. Mailed payments must be postmarked by August 1 to avoid this fee. Your designation may be terminated after August 1 without additional notice.
6. Is my payment refundable?NO. Designation payments are not refundable.
7. My invoice indicates I am a non-member. How do I pay the member price?Contact Customer Service at 1-888-224-4321. They will correct your membership status or assist you in becoming a CAI member. Once your membership status has been corrected, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with this information and your invoice will be adjusted.
8. My contact information is incorrect.Update your contact information online at
www.caionline.org/profile or contact Customer Service at 1-888-224-4321.
9. The redesignation date on my Designation ID Card is not August 1 of this year. The maintenance fee is due every year on August 1, regardless of the redesignation date on your ID card.