Please view the
Redesignation FAQs for more information related to your credential's redesignation requirements.
1. How much is my credential's annual maintenance fee? Your annual maintenance fee is based on your membership status. Please ensure you have the correct membership type by April 1st of each year or you may be charged the non-member rate on your invoice.
*If you are an active PCAM and you hold an AMS, you will not be charged the AMS annual maintenance fee.
2. How do I obtain a paper copy of my invoice?You may print a copy of your invoice by logging into your account and clicking the View Annual Maintenance Fee Invoice link in the My Open Invoices section or contact Customer Service at 1-888-224-4321.
3. When do I need to redesignate?View your redesignation date under the
My Designations section of your account or contact Customer Service at 1-888-224-4321.
4. Can I include my redesignation paperwork with my invoice?
NO. If you mail redesignation paperwork with your invoice we will not receive it and you will not receive credit for your redesignation.
Mail your invoice and payment to: CAI, PO Box 34793, Alexandria, VA 22334-0793
Mail your redesignation paperwork and supporting documentation to: Community Associations Institute, Credentialing, 6402 Arlington Blvd Ste 500, Falls Church, VA 22042.
Please note: If you are an AMS or PCAM and your redesignation is due, in the My Designations section of your account, a link stating Redesignate will be under the Manage column. If you have not already paid your annual maintenance fee, the system will ask you to pay your invoice to complete the process. Neither your redesignation nor your annual maintenance fee will be accepted using this process unless you complete both at the same time. Please do not complete the redesignation process and close the browser before paying, as your redesignation will not be accepted.
5. Is my payment refundable?NO. Maintenance fee payments are not refundable.
6. My invoice indicates I am a non-member. How do I pay the member price?Contact Customer Service at 1-888-224-4321 or email@example.com. They will correct your membership status or assist you in becoming a CAI member. Once your membership status has been corrected, please email
firstname.lastname@example.org with this information and your invoice will be adjusted. Please do not pay for your invoice before your membership is active.
7. My contact information is incorrect.Update your contact information online at
www.caionline.org/profile or contact Customer Service at 1-888-224-4321.
8. The redesignation date on my Designation ID Card is not August 1 of this year. The maintenance fee is due every year on August 1, regardless of the redesignation date on your ID card.