CAI offers a variety of resources to help homeowners and community association leaders. These resources are designed to encourage effective, enlightened leadership and responsible, engaged citizenship. Our objective is to inspire community associations that become better—even preferred—places to call home.
See From Good to Great, a free, downloadable brochure that includes:
Rights and Responsibilities for Better Communities
Community Association Governance Guidelines
Model Code of Ethics for Community Association Board Members
The above are included in An Introduction to Community Association Living, a basic primer for homeowners new to their condominium or homeowners association. A free download, this introduction is the first of four levels of education offered as part of CAI's Community Volunteer Leadership Development Program.
- Community Association Press, the publishing division of CAI, is dedicated to providing the best resources available on community association governance, management and operations. CAI members get 40 percent off retail.
- Service Directory, a free, easy-to-use resource for finding product and service providers in the community association field—from accountants and attorneys to security services and website providers. Free access.
- Directory of Credentialed Professionals, a database of professional community managers, management companies, attorneys, reserve specialists and community insurance and risk management specialists. Free access.
- Reading Room, featuring content on various topics of interest to those who live in, govern or manage community associations. The site includes excerpts from many of the books available in our online bookstore.
- Community Matters—What You Should Know Before You Buy, a brochure explaining the nature of common-interest communities and highlights questions prospective buyers should ask before moving into a homeowners association or condominium. Free download. Can also be purchased in bulk.