Successful community management starts with the essentials!
This comprehensive community association management course provides a practical overview for new managers, an essential review for veteran managers and an advanced course for board members. You’ll receive a 400-page participant guide filled with dozens of sample forms and time-saving tips for working with homeowners, vendors, managers and other professionals. Successful completion of this course is the first step in obtaining a professional designation in community association management. Topics include:
- Roles and responsibilities of managers, owners, committees and the board
- Management ethics
- Developing, implementing and enforcing rules
- Organizing and conducting board meetings
- Preparing budgets and funding reserves
- Assessment collection policies and procedures
- Collecting delinquent payments
- Financial statements, reporting methods and operations
- Evaluating risk management and insurance programs
- Implementing maintenance programs
- Preparing bid requests and identifying key contract provisions
- Recruiting, selecting and managing personnel
- Managing sustainable and developing communities
Course Materials (Included with Registration)
Participant guide and flash drive with bonus readings and materials (Online students will receive a hard copy of the course manual via UPS 1-2 weeks after registration for future use, but is not intended to be used in the completion of the online program. The online program is a standalone program.)
Seminar Format: 2.5 days | 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. | 8:30 a.m. - noon
A 90-minute, multiple choice examination is given at the end of the seminar.
Online Format: 8 hours of direct instruction and 4-8 hours of study from topical webinars and reading assignments. Students have 4 months—120 days from purchase date—to complete the course and take the 120-minute exam to receive credit.
* M-100 courses in Colorado are 3.5 days | 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. | 8 a.m. - noon
CAI member: $445 | Nonmember: $545 Join Now!
Successful completion of the M-100 can be the first step toward earning the CMCA credential, awarded by CAMICB.
Continuing Education Credit
The M-100 is approved for continuing education credit by many states.
The M-100 is available in two formats: seminar and online.
If you live or work in the state of California, register for the California-specific edition of the M-100 online course: seminar or online course.
If you live or work in the state of Colorado, register for the Colorado-specific edition of the M-100 online course: seminar or online course.