The Board Leadership Development Workshop
Education for homeowner leaders just got better. The Board Leadership Development Workshop teaches you how to communicate with association residents, hire qualified managers and service providers, develop enforceable rules, interpret governing documents and more. It provides a comprehensive look at the roles and responsibilities of community association leaders and conveys information to help create and maintain the kind of community people want to call home.
The workshop is available in two formats: live, classroom instruction through CAI chapters and an online course.
Whether you live in a condominium, homeowners association (HOA) or other type of community, this workshop highlights what every board member needs to know to serve effectively. The workshop consists of five modules:
- Module 1: Governing Documents and Roles & Responsibilities. To start you on the right path, Module 1 helps you understand the legal authority for your association. It also clarifies the duties and responsibilities of each board member and the professionals who are available to assist the board.
- Module 2: Communications, Meetings and Volunteerism. Module 2 helps you learn how to maximize volunteer involvement in your community association by improving board communications, conducting effective meetings and building community spirit.
- Module 3: Fundamentals of Financial Management. Module 3 introduces the fundamentals of association financial management, including guidelines for protecting your association’s assets, preparing a budget, planning for the future and collecting assessments.
- Module 4: Professional Advisors and Service Providers. Because putting together the right team to support your association can be challenging, Module 4 provides practical tips on finding, evaluating and hiring qualified professional advisors and service providers.
- Module 5: Association Rules and Conflict Resolution. Module 5 explores guidelines for making reasonable association rules, enforcing rules fairly and resolving conflict effectively.
With your course registration, you will receive a complete toolkit of resources containing:
- The Board Member Tool Kit
- The Board Member Tool Kit Workbook
- Community Association Leadership: A Guide for Volunteers
- Managing & Governing: How Community Associations Function, by Clifford J. Treese
- The Homeowner & the Community Association brochure
- From Good to Great: Principles for Community Association Success brochure
You’ll refer to these valuable resources long after the workshop is finished.
Community leaders who complete the Board Leadership Development Workshop will receive a certificate of completion and recognition on the CAI website.
REGISTRATION AND TUITION
This workshop is an excellent investment for your community association! Associations should consider budgeting association funds to cover registration fees.
Register for the online workshop: CAI members: $39 | Nonmembers: $59
Tuition for the classroom course varies by CAI chapter. Visit www.caionline.org/chapters for details.