Information, Resources and Tools for Success
An international organization dedicated to building better communities, CAI provides education and resources to community association homeowner leaders, professional managers, association management companies and other businesses and professionals who provide products and services to community associations.
With more than 32,000 members, we work in partnership with 61 chapters, including a chapter in South Africa, as well as with housing leaders in a number of other countries, including Australia, Canada, the United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom.
Our mission is to inspire professionalism, effective leadership and responsible citizenship, ideals reflected in communities that are preferred places to call home. We do that by:
- Advocating on behalf of community associations and CAI members before the U.S. Congress, federal regulatory agencies, state legislatures and the courts.
- Providing globally respected professional development courses, online and in classrooms, for community managers and other industry professionals.
- Providing professional designations that offer recognition of your achievements, as well as continuing education opportunities to help you excel and succeed.
- Offering unsurpassed education programs for community association board members and other homeowner volunteer leaders.
- Publishing an award-winning magazine, Common Ground™, and specialized newsletters that provide practical information and perspective about association governance and management.
- Holding national and international events, including the Annual Conference and Exposition, and chapter events that provide one-of-a-kind opportunities to develop contacts and build support networks.
- Publishing both web content and the largest collection of books and guides on community association governance and management available anywhere.
- Offering the Directory of Credentialed Professionals, where you can find credentialed managers, reserve providers, insurance and risk management specialists and attorneys.
- Offering an extensive, user-friendly Service Directory to help you find thousands of businesses and professionals who provide products and services to community associations.
Foundation for Community Association Research
CAI's 501(co) 3 foundation is the only organization both recording the history of, and identifying trends in, community association living. The Foundation for Community Association Research serves as the catalyst for positive change in the community association industry by supporting and conducting research.
Learn more about CAI
For additional information, call our Member Service Center at (888) 224-4321 (M-F, 9–6:30 ET).